Thursday, September 15, 2011

And We're Back

Today's Recipe:

Stupid Easy Weight Gain and Blog Sabotage Casserole

total time 2 months
serves nobody

Ingredients:

1 dad
2 tumors
65 lbs of terrible hospice literature
several servings of food from Florida chain restaurants
97 bottles of wine
2 bottles of gin
1 bottle of Advil 

Combine all ingredients and let fester until you feel awful.  Then travel around for several weeks avoiding all work and emails and blogging and shaving of armpits.

Boom, done.


Guess what...my dad died.  I've been out of town for what seems like years, living off different variations of shitty cheese food product and white flour.  I've gained weight.  I've cried a lot.  I feel grody and sad.





But today I'm home in my own kitchen with my own farmers' market and a desire to get back on track.  Buckle up, baby.

Tomorrow we cook.

1 comment:

  1. I admire very much your ability to just put that out there and while we never really move on ... we move forward right?! All the best to you and I'm sorry for your loss.

    thank you for coming back to us and offering such a great blog on the simplicity of good eats!

    ReplyDelete