Tuesday, November 9, 2010

"Oooh! I LOVE arugula!"

Arugula is awesome, but people treat it as if it's impossible to find or something.  People always gush over it.  That's because people are dumb.  You can use this to your advantage.

How to impress people in 3 easy steps:

1) Buy some arugula
2) Toss it with dressing
3) Put it on a plate

With quiche I like to add a little arugula salad.  Partly because it looks awesome and partly because I like to try to balance eating pie crust first thing in the morning.

Here's how to make a kick ass dressing in less than 1 minute.


OK, let's do this:

Kick Ass Dijon Dressing
makes 6 servings
total time: 1 min

3 T Dijon mustard
2 T Mayo
1 or 2 T olive oil, you can choose the consistency.  I'll let you.
1 T capers if you have them
salt and pepper to taste

Stir all ingredients together and toss over the arugula.  Save the extra in a little jar for a week or so.

Bonus: Put it on things like asparagus and broccolini and call it an "aioli," and pretend you're fancy!

1 comment:

  1. Done & easy & super tasty. I didn't have capers but I did have baby tomatoes. Yummy.

    ReplyDelete